B2C businesses are flooded with marketing advice every day. There are so many marketers looking to make their website go viral. While all that is great, finding scalable acquisition channels for your business should be of core importance here.
The above infographic talks about a customer acquisition process in a data-driven and scientific fashion. Let’s dive into that right away:
#1 Set Up Remarketing Ads
Re-marketing is a process of showing targeted ads to people who came to your site/app but did not take the desired action.
The most typical example of the same is when you land on a product page on an online shopping site but don’t buy the product.
You might have seen that product following you across the web on ads. That’s exactly what remarketing is.
To make the most of remarketing, you need to make sure you know where the user left your funnel. Based on that, you can edit your marketing messaging. The best way is to execute remarketing is via Facebook or Google Ads. Here are the simple steps to do it:
- Use re-targeting codes on your site to track user activity.
- Customize your re-targeting audience based on the stage at which they left the funnel.
- Send targeted marketing messages that would resonate best with the user stage in the buying cycle.
#2 Referral Discounts
People trust other people more than an ad or a company process. That has been true for a long time in the marketing world.
You should be focused on generating more customers from your existing customers. To do so, you need to :
- Identify your most engaged customers i.e. the ones that shop frequently with your or love your brand.
- Give incentives/discounts to them for referring you to their peers.
The best part of referral marketing is that it costs you very less as compared to convincing a total stranger to become your customer.
#3 Strategic SEO
A successful business should never rely just on ads. Organic traffic is the lifeline of any thriving business and you need to make sure that the organic juice to your site is maximum.
Google can send a lot of traffic your way if you do your SEO the right way. You should have a strong focus on:
- Keywords: Understanding what your customers are searching for and what your competitors don’t have.
- Awesome content: May it be your product page or blog post, the content on the same should be brilliant. If you study any of Amazon’s product pages thoroughly, you will see why they get so much organic traffic.
#4 Social Media Interactions
Everyone talks about posting your content on social media. Very few how to actually generate traffic from the same.
Social media is all about engaging with the right people at the right time. Some of the unconventional ways to promote your business on social media are:
- Engagement via hashtags: Find people who are tweeting/writing about things you sell. Form valuable relationships with them by engaging them. Introduce your business once a relationship is built.
- Talk to influencers: Influencers can help you reach your audience pretty quickly. Finding them on social media channels, engaging with them and building relationships with them will serve you in the long run.
- Reviews: Track social media posts where people are talking about your products. Engage with them and ask for reviews from happy customers.
#5 Conversion Rate Optimisation
At the end of the day, it is all about conversion rate optimisation. Your marketing funnel needs to give you results which can be scaled if you put in more money and time.
To improve your CRO, make sure to
- Understand where people abandon your funnel most. Fixing issues there would help you a lot.
- Test your marketing messaging continuously. Produce multiple ad copies, landing page texts and more until you find the sweet spot.
Those were some of the strategies that have helped our B2C clients boost their businesses. If you know of any more, let us know in the comments.