Guide To Small Business SEO [Infographic]
SEO is a marketing concept that has baffled SMB marketers from the beginning. In the 90’s it was all about using keywords and content, but today, there are over 200 factors that affect SEO.
Ofcourse, all these factors don’t affect the SEO performance of your site equally.
As a small business owner, you’ve got a lot on your plate. From managing revenue to hiring new employees, your to-do list is always overflowing.
Also, hiring an SEO agency seems like a shot in the dark as you are unsure of what to track on a month on month basis.
We understand how overwhelming the above can be. So here’s our short guide on making the most of SEO for your business:
#1 Start with an SEO Audit
The first step is to analyse where your current SEO is. You need to know your starting point so that you can set clear KPI’s to achieve. Start with an audit that covers
- Understanding keywords that you are already ranking for and the positions for the same.
- An in page audit of each webpage to make sure you are search engine friendly.
- Amend the site based on the results to make sure you are covering all the major points that search engines consider.
#2 Build Content that Engages
Content is one of the most crucial elements of any SEO effort. Making sure that your content is interesting, relevant to your industry and keyword-rich are the top 3 factors that qualify for good content.
#3 Build Backlinks Aggressively
Backlinks are links from other websites to your website. Roughly speaking, about 70% of your SEO depends on how good ( and how much) are the links to your site from other websites. This acts as a credibility signal for search engines when they try to rank your sites. The best way to build backlinks is
- Register yourself on as many local business directories as you can.
- Guest post on other sites to gain a backlink or two from their site.
- Share content on social media for maximum reach.
Those were some of the steps that we execute while working with small businesses. What has your SEO marketing strategy been like?