Upwork vs Fiverr: Which Is Better for Freelancers in 2021?
The freelance industry is growing faster than ever. Companies are always on the lookout for versatile talent.
As a freelancer, choosing the right platform to market your skills can be a tough choice. While you always have the option of utilizing numerous platforms, building a solid reputation on a single platform is an ideal option, since the positive reviews and completed jobs help your profile stand out. It fills prospective clients with confidence.
Though each platform is great in its own way, Upwork and Fiverr are two of the greatest players dominating the current scene in the world of freelancing.
In the battle of Upwork vs Fiverr, which one should you choose, and why?
Let’s get started!
How does Upwork work?
With regards to dealing with Upwork, you can be on both sides of the spectrum: looking to hire, or learning how to get jobs on Upwork. Here’s what you need to know:
- Create an Upwork account.
- Upwork advanced algorithms will prompt the ideal jobs for you.
- The achievements you have on projects fairly increases your chances of getting hired.
- For hourly work, you need to submit timesheets via Upwork. And for fixed-projects, the set funds and milestones are released as per fixed-price escrow instructions.
Who should use Upwork?
Upwork is versatile in offering jobs to individuals of many different industries. Here’s who should use Upwork:
- Mobile and Web App Developers
- Customer Service and Sales Agents
- Graphic Designers
What are the top advantages of Upwork?
- It helps in building long-term relationships:
- Hassle-free communication:
- Free Signup
- Payment protection
How does Fiverr work?
Fiverr has multiple categories and subcategories which help the client to find an ideal freelancer for their project.
If you are a seller
- Create your seller profile. Since your profile will present you to the community, create it in a professional manner.
- Create the Gig you want to sell on Fiverr. It gives you an opportunity to show off your talent and help buyers get the information required to help them choose their sellers.
- Add a video to introduce your service. It will add a personal touch and will attract more buyers.
- Maximize your income by upselling your Gigs with extra services before, during, and after the order.
- Send offers to potential buyers in a customized manner.
Who should use Fiverr?
Fiverr is a multifaceted platform and is ideal for:
- Logo designers or illustrators
- Voice-Over artists
What are the top advantages of Fiverr?
- Secure Payments
- Easy Bidding
- Mobile app
Just like Upwork, Fiverr too allows its users freedom to get connected on the go and keep their projects moving.
Which platform is right for you?
Both Upwork and Fiverr, provide the services of highly-proficient freelancers. Both these platforms are certified and are equally reliable as asserted by companies and freelancers who use them daily.
As a beginner, if you are looking for work then Fiverr is an ideal platform for you as it allows you to work on projects with shorter timelines. It helps you get work and expand your network.
Whilst, fiverr is for newbies, Upwork is a fit for advanced freelancers. Freelancers with 3-4 years of experience should definitely explore this platform.
Compare the platforms on the following
|Ease of joining||Relatively tough Screening process||Anyone can start|
|Project and ticket size||Best for long term and big ticket projects||Best for short gigs worth $5 to $100|
|Additional fee||10 Connects: $1.5020 Connects: $340 Connects: $660 Connects: $980 Connects: $12||Pro gig prices vary widely, depending on the category and level of service you need. Pro writers may charge as little as $70 for an article, with a good number of prices set at the Fiverr limit of $10,000.|
|Best for||Seasoned freelancers who have some experience||Newbies and seasoned freelancers|
|Commission||Up to first $500- 20%$500.01 – $10,000 – 10%$10,000 or more – 5%||20% service fee.|
Write a Comment